The appeal to buy “Saddleback” by Friends of Blencathra Ltd is now finalised following the successful claim of Gift Aid on the disclaimed funds.
The fund raised £100,000 for local Cumbrian charities.
Now the Trustees will apply the remaining property, as authorised in
the scheme, equally between the following charities for the general
purposes of the charities:
(1) Keswick Mountain Rescue Team (1165345)
(2) The National Trust (205846) in partnership with the Fix the Fells project
(3) Friends of the Lake District (1100759)
(4) Cumbria Wildlife Trust (218711)
(5) The Mountain Heritage Trust (1083219)
Previous updates described the scheme to govern the appeal administered by FRIENDS OF BLENCATHRA LIMITED (1157636) and authorised by THE CHARITY COMMISSION FOR ENGLAND AND WALES.
Each charity will receive £16k which is in addition to the £4k already
applied to each charity previously from the disclaimed funds.
The campaign will then be finalised, final accounts prepared, and the company Friends of Blencathra Ltd will be dissolved.
on behalf of Friends of Blencathra Ltd
Charity No. 1157636
Company No. 09041238